Bitcoin Tax Bills Set to Land on Tech-Savvy Investors
February 14, 2018
Paul Holborow, Head of RMT’s growing IT division, takes a look at RMT’s new service complimenting the existing IT support offering to clients that helps keeps the cyber hackers away.
RMT have been providing IT support for well over a decade and when it comes to Cyber Security for SME’s one this is obvious : whilst the number of attacks on SME’s is increasing , the public’s perception of the need for companies they deal with to protect their data is increasing too. This expectation will seep down from the large corporates to the smaller business too.
Knowing where to start and what solutions to put in place is daunting for the business owner who just wants to get on and expand his or her business. Many businesses think they won’t get caught by cyber criminals, and of course most don’t, but this doesn’t mean to say the threat can be ignored. As public attitudes change though, SME’s need to change with them, or they’ll get left behind as security savvy customers go elsewhere.
This is where our new service can help. RMT can help you implement the basic controls required to become accredited under the Governments Cyber Essentials scheme. Designed to protect businesses from 80% of the typical cyber threats, RMT can help:
• Benchmark your current security practices against the requirements of the scheme – we’ll show you where the gaps are and how you need to fill them;
• Prepare you for external accreditation– we’ll take your business through assessment by an independent body;
• Conduct vulnerability scans on your equipment – to ensure they are as safe as you say they are
• Manage the accreditation process and administrative aspects – leaving you free to concentrate on running your business.
It used to be said that when it comes to data security, most SME’s aren’t interested because they don’t think they will be a victim. As incidents rise, and public expectations change, it’s now more important than ever to implement cyber security measures. By becoming accredited under the scheme, you are showing your business partners, clients and customers that you take security seriously and that you have in place the basic controls required to keep data safe.
For more information, contact Paul Holborow at RMT on 0191 256 9550 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
– See more at: https://www.r-m-t.co.uk/blog/rmt-help-smes-like-fend-off-cyber-hackers/#sthash.pq0mhEMM.dpuf