Value Added Tax
VAT is a complex indirect tax which affects most businesses and organisations. Whether it’s completing and submitting quarterly VAT Returns or considering the implications of specific transactions, getting it wrong can be a costly mistake.
Knowing when and how much VAT to pay and reclaim often requires specific advice especially when it comes to one-off or unusual transactions which occur out of the day-to-day running of the business.
RMT can provide specialist VAT knowledge to our clients allowing them to be proactive when decisions and actions need to be taken that will influence their VAT liability or refund. We can provide specific VAT advice on such projects as:
- Land and property transactions;
- Capital expenditure;
- Flat rate schemes;
- Recovery of VAT;
- Construction and refurbishment projects.
VAT is not exclusively a UK tax. It is broadly similar throughout the EU however each country has its own rates and rules which can vary from time to time. Our colleagues at DFK International can assist our clients with queries and VAT registrations across the EU and worldwide.
In addition to this specialist advice, RMT can also provide VAT compliance services to their clients allowing you to deal with running your business without having to worry about VAT submission deadlines. Our service includes:
- Assisting with initial VAT registration;
- Preparing or reviewing your VAT returns;
- Dealing with HMRC in respect of your VAT affairs;
- Submitting VAT returns and supporting documentation to HMRC in advance of submission deadlines;
- Assisting with VAT Inspections including hosting HMRC Officials at our offices to remove the burden of having to host them at your own premises.