The need for specialist tax advice has never been greater. Across the globe, legislation is becoming more complex, tax authorities are getting tougher in their attitudes to tax planning and there is an increasing risk of investigations.
Our personal tax team provides a comprehensive range of compliance, advisory and specialist tax services to clients with vastly differing circumstances. These typically range from simple tax compliance to those with much more complex affairs including international tax issues.
We work with individuals, families and business owners, helping them structure their tax affairs in an efficient and compliant manner.
We also work closely with other third party advisers including financial advisors, banks, lawyers, trust companies and family offices, to ensure that our mutual clients receive the best advice. Our provision of ongoing support ensures that third party advisers implement our advice successfully and we are always on hand to answer any queries they may have.
With each client the aim is always the same; to maximise their wealth and ensure they are making the best use of the current legislative framework. We listen carefully to the specific needs of our clients and work to deliver exceptional service through practical, bespoke advice, tailored to an individual’s priorities.
The services we offer to our personal tax clients include:
- Preparing and submitting self-assessment returns
- Advice on instalments, upcoming liabilities and other payment dates
- Reporting disposals of UK property via the 30 day Capital Gains Tax on UK Property service for both UK and non-UK residents
- Advice about National Insurance Contributions (NICs)
- Investing in buy-to-let and holiday let properties
- Remuneration planning
- Dealing with HM Revenue & Customs enquiries, investigations and disclosures
- Income and Capital Gains Tax planning and mitigation
- Advice on UK residence and domicile position
- Succession or exit planning and your Inheritance Tax (IHT) position
- Understanding Stamp Duty Land Tax (SDLT), due when you buy a house
- Compliance and advice for trustees and executors
If you require assistance with any of the above services or would like to explore the benefits of working with our personal tax team, please contact us.
An initial consultation with one of our personal tax specialists to discuss your circumstances in further detail is provided free of charge and can be held over the telephone or face to face.
0191 256 9500Get in Touch
Anthony joined RMT in 2004 and was appointed Director in 2014. He specialises in corporation tax compliance and advisory issues for companies of all sizes.
Head of Personal Tax